Views
Helpful
Replies

Could not access the NetSxout Server. Make sure it is running

majama
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have installed CiscoWorks LMS 2.2 on a Windows 2000 Server. My problem is NetScout server. When I enter the server name and port number into the browser, I get the main page. I tray to log on using the correct credentials and it would not let me. I am getting "Login uncsuccessful! Could not access the NetScout server. Make sure it's running.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Make sure that the RTM Install Root path is not more than 15 characters total, other wise RTM will not work. Also, the db/admin password cannot have first character a number and the password length cannot be less than 6 characters. Lastly, make sure that you have installed the latest RTM Service Pack/Cumulative Patch from CCO

I have gone through all the steps you suggested to me and I am still experiencing the same problem. I am wondering if I need to update licence just incase the application is locked and needs a code to unlock in order to use it or Device Fault Manager and RTM are having port conflicts. I don't know.

Thanks Mushtaq

I have configured the RTM 1.4 on a separate box from CW2K - kept patching it up to the latest releases. It ran OK for about 3 month and now i am experiencing the same problem you're. I do not think it's port conflict, it sounds like something with data base.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: