Views
Helpful
Replies

CPU utilisation on 4507R

s.gilbrook
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

Can anybody tell me whether I should be conerned about the Cat4k Mgmt HiPri and Cat4k Mgmt LoPri CPU processes running on a 4507 ?

The usage of these processes is currently averaging about 5% - 6% and the Switch doesn't seem to be suffering at all, but I wondered why these two processes are so much greater (compared to the other process that are all runnning at about 0% - 1%).

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

Hello,

I found this on CCO:

The processor runs two processes, Cat4k Mgmt HiPri and Cat4k Mgmt LoPri. These two processes share total CPU usage among other IOS processes. The reason there are two processes is when a job on the Cat4k platform takes longer than expected or exceeds the maximum allocated CPU time, the job is run under Low-Priority for a period of time until its usage is reduced, giving other (Cisco IOS) processes a chance to run.

If a process exceeds its CPU utilization target, then it is scheduled by Cat4k Mgmt LoPri. If a process does not exceed the utilization target, then Cat4k Mgmt HiPri handles it. If these two processes consume most of the CPU time, further investigation is needed.

The show platform health command shows the target and actual CPU and memory usage for different platform-dependent processes.

HTH,

GP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: