Views
Helpful
Replies

CPUHOG log message

phamthecong
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have received this message in cisco 2621 (Ver 12.2(8)T5) during normal operation:

%SYS-3-CPUHOG: Task ran for 13508 msec (5/0), process = Load Meter, PC = 803E6FDC.

-Traceback= 803E6FE0 803E91C4

I have searched on Cisco bug tool but can not find bug with process= Load meter.

Is that a serious issue to look at?

thanks.

2 Replies 2

right_guy12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

The message you received indicates that the process Load meter ran for too long period of time without relinquishing the processor.

Did you try finding the bug on the bug tool-kit specifically for your IOS version?

If it has occured during normal operation of the router, most probably it has been caused by software failure. You may upgrade your software for the same, I think thats the best possible solution!

Hope it helps!

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

Found some useful info about Load Meter from cco do find the same..

Computes the load average for the different processes every five seconds, and the five minute exponentially-decayed busy time. The load average is computed using the following formula:

average = ((average - interval) * exp (-t/C)) + interval, where:

t = 5 seconds and C = 5 minutes, exp (-5/(60*5)) = .983~= 1007/1024

t = 5 seconds and C = 1 minute, exp (-5/60)) = .920~= 942/1024

For more info i would suggest to check this link out..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1828/products_tech_note09186a00800a65d0.shtml

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco