Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Creating an internal extra hop [clearing house for ACLs] on 6509

Using CatOS 5.5.19 on SUP1A-2GE, Hybrid IOS 12.1(8b)E15 on WS-F6K-MSFC. [Hybrid]

I have a [FlexWAN + POS OC3] and an a few Ethernet ingress ports. Going out of the switch, I have multiple paths out [multiple destination nets of over Ethernet]. What I would like to do is to create an L3 extra hop such that the multiple paths coming to the 6509 have to go through a single interface in the MSFC where I can apply ACLs. After the ACLs are applied, they can leave as the normally would have.

I'm having quite a bit of trouble figuring out what to do in this situation. Basically, I want to make a place to put ACLs in the middle because its annoying to have to do this on each interface [it is elegant to use the 6509 as a clearing house with the application I am using]. Another complication is that the FlexWAN ports don't show up in CatOS as ports available as VLANs.

So the idea in IP is to come in from say, 192.168.9.x/24, WAN1, and 192.168.8.x/24, WAN2, and both of them have to go through a no port VLAN in the middle, 192.168.7.x, then on to whatever it wants, for the sake of argument, 192.168.1.1-> LAN area. The idea is to create this extra hop on 192.168.7.x such that I could put ACLs on "vlan7" in MSFC, everything destined for egress, or in this figure, the right

side, has to go through the middle to get there.

<tt> this section

ACLs on 1 MSFC

inter!face /------LAN1

WAN1---|-*_!*--|/

| *_!* |--------LAN3

WAN2---|-*_!*--|\

! \______LAN2

65!09

</tt>

I'm kind of confused as to what this would be called. I made up the terminology extra hop and clearing house - what is the correct term for this?

Thanks for any insight;

- John

1 REPLY

Re: Creating an internal extra hop [clearing house for ACLs] on

You can configure ACLs on the MSFC to accomplish this. Refer to the following document for details.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007f4d4.html#47441

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content