Views
Helpful
Replies

creating multiple vlans on a 877

mvraam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to create a default, voice and access vlan on a 877, but just one vlan comes up. On the other two vlan inetrfaces is the protocol down. I guess this has something to do with bridging. I've tried that already, but I can't find documentation about this. Can someone tell me how to bring up the other two vlan interfaces?

6 Replies 6

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

Have you actually created the VLANs in the VLAN database ? Enter the vlan configuration mode by issuing the command 'vlan database'. Then use the 'vlan ...' commands to create those vlans.

Hope that helps - pls do rate the post if it does.

Paresh

Hi

In addition to Paresh's post do confirm whether you are running Advanced IP Services IOS image in your router which will allow you to have 4 802.1q VLANs.

regds

I have an Advanced IP Services Enterprise IOS Image (the latest).

Hi, thanx for your response!

I have created already the vlans. The vlan are "up" but the protocol is "down". I think that I have to make a dot1q trunk to an interface to bring up the vlan. But which interface?

You need a trunk in case you are passing multiple VLANs on the port. However, in your configuration you do not need a trunk because each port is assigned to one VLAN.

IN order for all VLANs to go UP all you interface should be Physically and Porotcol UP. Check that all your Fast Ethernet Interfaces are UP.

Let me know how it goes,

I found out already, I had an IP Phone connected, but with the 877 it appears that I have to use trunk mode instead of access mode. The vlan's are all up now. Thanx for the advice!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: