cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCdw72922 - SNMP mibwalk sup12 on CISCO-CAT6kK_CRASSBAR-MIB crash sys

makkers
Level 1
Level 1

We are about to upgrade to LMS2.1 and was made aware of this bug within this forum a while back.

We have 6509 with a version of IOS on the msfc listed as effected. However, we are not actually using our msfc, so....

Will we suffer from this bug?

Does cworks automatically utilise this mib?

Is this generated only when a mib walk is performed?

Our cworks server is on win2k so does this still apply?

Is the only way to fix to upgrade the IOS on the msfc?

Any advice b4 we upgrade LMS and kill 2 * data centres???

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

Strongly advising you to upgrade your switches. This is a nasty bug. Even if think you are not using the msfc. I presume you mean that are not using the L3 switching capabilties but the IOS still runs on it.

With a datacenter you simply do not want to run the risk.

We were affected also and I was not aware of this bug but luckily I installed the new release on a test-platform first.

Upgrading the msfc is not that difficult after all. You should keep in mind that you will need more (slightly) than 16Meg Flash so on-board flsh will no longer be sufficient. We are now moving to 24Mb flash cards to store the image.

Regards,

Leo

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

Strongly advising you to upgrade your switches. This is a nasty bug. Even if think you are not using the msfc. I presume you mean that are not using the L3 switching capabilties but the IOS still runs on it.

With a datacenter you simply do not want to run the risk.

We were affected also and I was not aware of this bug but luckily I installed the new release on a test-platform first.

Upgrading the msfc is not that difficult after all. You should keep in mind that you will need more (slightly) than 16Meg Flash so on-board flsh will no longer be sufficient. We are now moving to 24Mb flash cards to store the image.

Regards,

Leo

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Even if CW2K does not use this MIB, you should consider upgrade to fix this bug.

Thanks all.

Can I upgrade the IOS without downtime? and do I need to upgrade the CatOS as well?

Loading the new image from tftp can be done online. After that you will need to reboot the switch to load the new IOS. The reboot involves downtime.

You do not need to upgrade CatOS.

The upgrade process is fairly well documented. Simply search for the keywords 6509 and upgrade and you will find lots of it. You can also hire a professional to do the job. This costs a bit more but reduces the risk of downtime.

Regards,

Leo

Thanks for you help Leo

Cisco: Are you actually planning on any Cworks patch for this as I am sure that many environments and customers wil not have the simplicity or opportunity to perform IOS upgrades such as these especially in HA delivery like ourselves??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: