cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ctrl-Shift-6-X combination for telnet

kkalaycioglu
Level 4
Level 4

I can not use Ctrl-Shift-6-X key combination for suspending telnet connections. I'm telnetting to router A then telnetting to router B through A. In this case Ctrl-Shift-6-X key combination should suspend the second telnet session. But it's not working. I'm using turkish-Q keyboard and CRT application for telnet.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

are you sure you are pressing the keys correctly?

Press Ctrl-Shift-6, then release all keys, and press x finally.

If it still doesn't work I'd try another application for Telnet (TeraTerm, e.g.).

Regards,

Milan

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

are you sure you are pressing the keys correctly?

Press Ctrl-Shift-6, then release all keys, and press x finally.

If it still doesn't work I'd try another application for Telnet (TeraTerm, e.g.).

Regards,

Milan

Thanks milan.kulik

it worked for me

after releasing Ctrl-Shift-6 instanltly we need to press "x"

9tsammut
Level 1
Level 1

Actually, Crtl-Shift-6 x should suspend the first telnet. To go multiple layers, use Ctrl-Shift-6-6 x (two deep) or Ctrl-Shift-6-6-6 x (three deep). I haven't needed more than three deep but you get the point.

hope this helps

tim

9tsammut, That is a very good answer.  I have never know anyone that knew that you can add additional six's to back up multiple layers.  It works like you said.  Thanks!!!

Here is another trick.
Using the telnet to Router A and then telnet to Router B, from A example.
On Router B, you can set the 'escape' character. The default being '6' for both routers.

Here we are stetting the escape character on Router B to the 23rd letter in the alphabit, w.

Router-B#
!
line vty 0 5
session-timeout 30
... etc
escape-character 23 <<<<<< w
!

So the Ctrl-Shift-w X command will get u back to Router-B (it's configured escape character being 'w')

Dan

Level 1
Level 1

Operative System: Linux Mint

Cisco Packet Tracer ver. : 8

Cannot abort name lookup, alternative shorcut: CTRL + ALT + 6

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: