cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom Reports in CiscoWorks

grayd
Level 1
Level 1

We are having problems with the installers putting the wrong hostname on our switches. I would like to run a report that lists the Device Name in CiscoWorks (i.e. the DNS name) and the hostname on the switch. We could then compare the two and correct the problem switches. I know that CiscoWorks has this information as it is contained in the Detailed Device Report. However, the Custom Reports application will not let me create a custom report with the hostname information. As we have around 2,000 switches to check, the 50 device limit in the Detailed Device Report poses an obstacle in using that particular report. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

How about running the reports for 50 devices at a time, since due to the limit you can't run for all 2000 devices at the same time?

If that is the only way to do it, that is what I will have to do. However, automation of this task is much easier if I don't have to deal with 40 seperate reports. Is there a way to get a csv file of the entire RME database or some other way to interact with the actual data than through the CiscoWorks GUI?

You can save the detailed device report in .csv format. But that's on a report by report basis. Right now there's no option to run these reports via RME CLI or any other script and save it as a .csv. Though RME inventory can be export to a text file using the GUI or CLI scripts.