Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CV 5.1 can't see WS-X4014 S3 & WS-X4306-GB on Catalyst 4006

After updating the device packages to the very last release i can see only the catalyst 4006 chassis (before i saw nothing of course...) and access some configuration parameters (management, configuration route, ecc.) but i can't see the two modules installed: the Supervisor Engine III and the 6 GBIC module.

IOS installed: 12.1(8a)EW

Do i have to upgrade IOS & RMMON to updated release?

Anyone can help?

Thank You

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: CV 5.1 can't see WS-X4014 S3 & WS-X4306-GB on Catalyst 4006

I have update IOS to 12.1(14)E1 and ROM to 12.1(12r)EW

but still nothing... I cannot see the Supervisor Engine 3 nor the 6-GBIC module.

I neither see power supplies of course.

I look forward for Your help.

Thank You

p.s.

For this Catalyst i just have an advanced replacement packaged contract (but i have many smartnet for pix and other devices) can i open a TAC for the matter in hand with my cco?

Blue

According to Cat4000IOS.cv50.v4-0.readme at:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/CiscoView/cvplanner.cgi both the above modules is supported in this device package. Can you verify that this the version that you have installed?

Anonymous
N/A

Yes Cat4000IOS.cv50.v4-0.zip is the version i downloaded and installed toghether with the latest version of switchaddlets, entity and stack-maker.

I also upgraded to nmidb.1.0.072.

When i connect to this catalyst i can only see the chassis! The browser display the message: applet started, then updating modules configuration (or something like that) but i cannot see any module!

The system is a new server with a fresh install of NT4 Server with SP6a and only CiscoWorks CD ONE which comes with Cisco View 5.1. Internet Explorer 5.01 with java plug-in 1.31.

I have installed only device packages i need (Catalyst 2950, 3550, 2900, 2900 XL, CAT4000IOS).

Everything works fine (i can see the two modules of another 2900XL-M switch) eccept the Catalyst 4006.

I cannot see the modules but i can access the switch via CiscoView. I see only the chassis but i can see system information (IOS version, system name ecc), route ecc.

I also tried to unistall all device package and reinstall only the CAT4000IOS but nothing...

After upgrading IOS a little improvement was made, i could see a little more informations i about the device in CiscoViev (model, part number ecc...).

Thank You for Your help

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content