Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CW 2.2 LMS on solaris processes fail to run

After updating SW 2.2 running in a solaris WS to the latest SP (SP2) some processes fail to run:

EssentialsDbMonitor

DIServer

CmfDbMonitor

IcServer

No success trying restarting them.

The message I get:

Application failed or was registered incorrectly

Any idea? Thanks

8 REPLIES
Silver

Re: CW 2.2 LMS on solaris processes fail to run

Verify if proper patches are installed. See the below url for more information

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000_d/comser22/ig_solcv/prereq.htm#1031729

I have exactly the same issue. I have all the installed patches as well. The tools were loaded via an ssh as root.

I also a permission problem when I try to access the SNMP setting within the ANI setup.

Patching operating system and rebooting the server solved the problem.

Thanks.

I saw a note about a patch 108434-11 or 12 for solaris 8. I'm at 108434-13 which cisco recommends and Sun have no newer patch than the -13 release. I'll try the reboot and see how it goes.

Silver

Did anyone get a resolution for this problem, i have Solaris 8, all my patches are installed, i've just installed 108434-13 which i didn't see on the prerequesites, and rebooted the server. Still seeing "Cannot connect to database" errors - Thanks

Paddy,

Yeah I got this to work after I rebooted.

I had the same patch and the process not running issue. The reboot seem to do the trick.

Cheers

Dav

Silver

Thanks Dave, in the end i unistalled everything using the cleansystem.sh script i downloaded from Cisco. When i reinstalled Common Services and RME it all worked. Must have been somekind of conflict that occured duing the upgrade!

Rgds

Paddy

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content