cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CW 2.2 LMS on solaris processes fail to run

jflanda
Level 1
Level 1

After updating SW 2.2 running in a solaris WS to the latest SP (SP2) some processes fail to run:

EssentialsDbMonitor

DIServer

CmfDbMonitor

IcServer

No success trying restarting them.

The message I get:

Application failed or was registered incorrectly

Any idea? Thanks

8 Replies 8

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

Verify if proper patches are installed. See the below url for more information

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000_d/comser22/ig_solcv/prereq.htm#1031729

I have exactly the same issue. I have all the installed patches as well. The tools were loaded via an ssh as root.

I also a permission problem when I try to access the SNMP setting within the ANI setup.

Patching operating system and rebooting the server solved the problem.

Thanks.

I saw a note about a patch 108434-11 or 12 for solaris 8. I'm at 108434-13 which cisco recommends and Sun have no newer patch than the -13 release. I'll try the reboot and see how it goes.

Did anyone get a resolution for this problem, i have Solaris 8, all my patches are installed, i've just installed 108434-13 which i didn't see on the prerequesites, and rebooted the server. Still seeing "Cannot connect to database" errors - Thanks

Paddy,

Yeah I got this to work after I rebooted.

I had the same patch and the process not running issue. The reboot seem to do the trick.

Cheers

Dav

Thanks Dave, in the end i unistalled everything using the cleansystem.sh script i downloaded from Cisco. When i reinstalled Common Services and RME it all worked. Must have been somekind of conflict that occured duing the upgrade!

Rgds

Paddy