Problems with CPU Load on some Clients using IE5.5 and above. It takes several minutes to get the login screen, and the whole performance is not acceptable. Is it possible to convince CW2000 to use a different JRE instead of 1.3.1. Because I read that threre are some performance issues with JRE 1.3.1 and should be solved with 1.4. But on the other side we have clients that are working fine. CW2000 is installed on Solaris 2.8. So i assume that this is not a problem on the Server side.
We have round about 5 Clients with P4/450Mhz and they don't work or they are totally slow and our slowest maschine where it is working fine is P3/233Mhz. We tried using proxy and without proxy..... No affect and no change of the performance !
We are also experiencing a similar problem with CiscoWorks 2000 LMS 2.1 Release 5. Some workstations are dog slow. In troubleshooting, I have found out two key factors: PC hardware and Java
1. PC Hardware
Make sure you are using a fast PC, about 800 MHz with at least 256 MB RAM. Memory is important. 128 KB PC's I have tried still seem slow.
For some reason, CiscoWorks 2000 does goofy stuff with JRE 1.3.1. First, CW2K fires up SSLInitializer applet even if you do not have SSL enabled (and if you installed the whole CW2K package, you can't enable SSL because not all modules support it!).
Next, I've had mixed results with the version of Internet Explorer. I have gotten version 5.0 to work very fast as 5.5 SP2, but the trick is the JRE.
Just to be certain, delete and remove all JRE on the client including all cache directories like .java, java_plugin_AppletStore, etc. Next, download JRE 1.3.1 from java.sun.com and install. Do not turn on the Java console or any logging. Now bypass CW2K Java test page by going directly to the login page using http://servername:1741/login.html
This works for us with IE 5.0. If you try to go to the default index.html URL for CW2K, you will get a Java error about the SSLInitializer plugin.
I'm still waiting for Cisco to repond on this workaround.
It sounds like some of the users are still going through the proxy to get to the server. We have a problem where on some systems, the proxy exception list in the browser will not be sent to the plug-in. I would suggest that you go to the plug-in under control panel and uncheck the browser settings and then to leave the proxy addresses blank. We have seen this have a drastic effect in some cases.
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...