cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CW2000 & Browser problem

mistryj
Level 1
Level 1

I am having problems using CW2000 on an NT Client. I can log in to CW2000 OK but I am not getting any of the menu items for navigation. I get an hour glass on the menu side as if the system is waiting on something. Is this a service pack problem ?

Current Config on Client:-

Java: 1.3.1

Internet Explorer: 5.5

Any help appreciated :)

7 Replies 7

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

What version of CW2K (RME) are you using?. You can try doing a 'net stop crmdmgtd' followed by 'net start crmdmgtd' from the DOS CLI to see if that helps.

wsitu
Level 1
Level 1

Is this a new installed server? If so, apply all necessary patches. On the client workstations, make sure you have all the "security" and "recommended" patches from microsoft. Also be sure to have Java 5.0 release 5.0.0.3802 or above. Java 5.0 release 5.0.0.3805 is recommended.

mistryj
Level 1
Level 1

CW2000 was installed in september. Stopped and started processes, no change on the client. May be a service pack problem ?

Campus Mgr 3.2

Device Fault Mgr 1.2

RME 3.4

i had a similar problem when browsing to the CW server from my pc, when i took a sniffer trace of what was happening found that the client and server where doing a DNS lookup on each other, as i was in a test enviroment there was no DNS entries hence the failure. my work around was to put a couple of static entries in the hosts files on each host.

I have checked and I do have static entries in both the client and server.

Ho Hum...

We had a similar problem on a few PCs were the users did not have the JVM installed. Do you have the Java Virtual Machine installed on your PC? In IE go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced. You should see a set of options for Microsoft VM. If you don't have them listed, you need to install the JVM.

In Java VM - Java Console, JIT and logging is ticked ..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: