Views
Helpful
Replies

CW2000 Daemon Manager Problem

pmccreesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When I try to start the CW2000 Daemon Manager i get an error message saying that "the service could not be started on the local computer and that the service did not return an error. This could be an internal windows error or an internal service error"

I am running CW2000 LMS on W2K SP3 Server.

Also does anyone know what order the services should start in if I want to start the manually.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

ywadhavk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Could you try running the below command at the dos prompt on the CW server?

net stop crmdmgtd

wait for a minute and then enter the below

net start crmdmgtd

wait for 2/3 minutes and try to login to CW.

This batch process will bring up the required services in proper order.

Thanks,

yatin.

wrightle1
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the exact same problem. I think it has something to do with either a new security fix or the domain security policy for casuser because if I remove the CW server from the 2000 domain the daemon manager will start. I have a ticket in with support but so far they just have told me to remove the server from the domain, which I do not want to do.

So if you either a: know a recent security policy change that you can undo or b: can remove your CW server from the domain, you can probably fix your problem. Sorry I can't help more but if I knew the answers I would have fixed my own server! :)

PS: You can't get the login panel if you start all the services (other than daemon mgr) manually. At least I couldn't.

Try this it solved my problem. This is from TAC:

Log on as local admin (server needs to be off the domain)

Go to control panel>admin tools>local security policy>account

policy>password policy

Please make sure that MINIMUM PASSWORD LENGTH is set to 0 and if not, please do so. Then you should be able to run resetcasuser.exe

When you run resetcasuser.exe, can you actually specify the new password?