cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CW2000 Daemon Manager will not start

gayle.walker
Level 1
Level 1

Have been unable to start the CW Daemon Manager. I can log into the CW console but process status returns a critical error - 'there was an error getting process details'. Start processes states all processes are running but stop processes states all processes are stopped.

Windows is unable to start the Daemon from Services, a net start crmdmgtd advises that the Daemon Manager service could not be started but that the service did not report an error.

A pdshow states ERROR: connect to dmgtd process on "127.0.0.1" on port 42340 failed:

Should this address not be the address of the CW server ? Have changed this in /etc/hosts but still cannot start Daemon.

Any clues ???

4 Replies 4

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

Did you try re-booting the server?

Yep, tried everything short of hitting it with a big hammer ! But would be grateful for any more suggestions.

Hi

We have exactly the same problem (on Solaris).

Did you resolved the problem yet?

Was there a workaround/solution.

Yes, finally got it working by running 'resetcasuser.exe' which was in the CSCOpx\setup\support directory. However, found I had to keep running this exe and on further investigation it was a problem to do with permissions. You need to make sure the 'casuser' has full control in both c:\winnt & c:\winnt\system32 and has administrator rights. Unfortunately I'm not sure what the equivalent will be on Solaris but I hope this helps.