Views
Helpful
Replies

CW2000 dual homed and IE6SP1

d-g-c
Level 1
Level 1

Two problems,

I built my CW2000 system on a dual-homed server, I intended it to be dual homed temporarily, one interface is on a management DMZ the other is on an Internal network.

CW2000 has took the internal network IP address as it's primary address, this is causing problems for example, syslogs received by devices on the DMZ interface are forwarded to the primary internal interface, and so they appear to have come from the source address of the DMZ interface and not the actual device creating the syslog.

Is there anyway of changing the primary interface CW2000 uses on a dual homed server?? Or do I need to remove the temporary interface and do a re-install?

Secondly, after upgrading to IE6 SP1 I can no longer connect to CW2000, is there an issue with this version of IE??

Cheers

Peter.

4 Replies 4

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Is this RME 3.5/Campus 3.3?

hknippenberg
Level 1
Level 1

To answer your first issue:

I'm running VMS2.2 on a dual-homed server and I've raised the interface metric of the preferred interface to 10.

You can find this setting in TCP/IP, advanced, IP Settings.

Raise the metric? Yes, on my W2kSP4 server I have to raise the metric, in order to get this done. Microsoft implemented the correct help-message, but did the algorithm in reverse...

Thanks for your reply, changing the metric on either interface has not resovled the problem. What is your multihome setting in the CSCOpx\objects\cmf\data\Transport.ini file set to?

vnealy
Level 1
Level 1

Check to see if one of the interfaces is built-in. if it is, you need to assign that one the address you want. It seems that by default, CW takes the built in address as the primary interface. Any slot based card is made the secondary.

You also must modify your gatekeeper file located in NMSRoot\lib\vbroker\gatekeeper.cfg

#vbroker.gatekeper.backcompat.callback.host=externalIPaddress

#vbroker.se.exterior.host=externalIPaddress

#vbroker.se.iiop_tp.host=externalIPaddress

#vbroker.se.interior.host=externalIPaddress

remove the # from every line and replace externalIpaddress with the external ip adress you want to use and restart the daemon.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: