cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CW2000-how to enhance existing package? RMON? SNMP?

nicolaswatson
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CW2000 as a management tool for about 30 LAN sites. The CW2000 setup is generally configured, ie:talking to all switches, paging on alarms etc. I do not manage the WAN routers within the network, and have no hardware probes. The switches are CatIOS and IOS throughout the network.

I wish to get more info from CW2000 than the basic menu provides! I have not configured any RMON on the LAN. Does anyone have RMON / SNMP examples for a CW2000 setup??

Also, I have set the SYSLOG automated action to page me on level 0,1,2 severities. Has anyone set up the "define message filter" "Pattern" parameters to filter out eg link flap for all devices on blades 2 to 6 ?

Thanks in advance, Nic.

4 Replies 4

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

If you have nGenius Real Time Monitor (RTM) also installed, you can get the Data Link Layer stats using the switch mini-rmon feature on your switches. Since RTM is the only application that uses RMON. In order to get RMON2 stats, you must have a Probe/NAM modules.

Thanks for the info. I plan to incorporate nGenius1.4 ASAP. How is the mini rmon feature activated? Is it just one CLI command to activate, once snmp is set up to the CW server?

On the switches running CatOS, you can turn it on using 'set snmp rmon enable' CLI command. Use of this command requires a separate software license per: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/sw_7_6/cmd_ref/setsn_su.htm#19202

Thanks. Using this cmd enables RMON feature set only? Do you require further RMON cmds to get value out of it?