Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CW2000 keeps hanging

I am having a problem with CiscoWorks server hanging while in use. I am directly connected to Cisco Catalyst 6500 gig port with a gig Indtel nic on the server. Port to Nic duplex speed problems do not appear to exist. The dell 1750 server has a dual 3 gig proc with 2 gigs memory. Also, is it possible to use a dual homed nic and load balance using Windows 2000 with Cisco Works on the platform? I know that witth CiscoWorks vms I was told I could not.

4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: CW2000 keeps hanging

Did disable one NIC help? If so that could be the problem . May be both the NIC cant work togethter for loadbalancing.

Thanks for the response. Since I originally sent the request for help I have discovered the dual homed nic settings.

So that being said;

No I originally started on one NIC and that is why I sent the request for help. I have two nics operational now with all syslog and logging sent to one nic and the web server on the second nic. I still hav problems with CiscoWorks hanging and unable to connect to it. The file in CiscoWorks vbroker.cfg file has been editted with the external ip address being the web server ip.

If you are using two nic, you need to edit transport.ini file and specify the IP address of Cisco works server.

Thanks for the response.

However, There is no transport.ini file in windows 2000 server or 2000 professional.

I have two nics operational now with all syslog and logging sent to one nic and the web server on the second nic. I still have problems with CiscoWorks hanging and unable to connect to it. The file in CiscoWorks vbroker.cfg has been editted with the external ip address being the web server ip.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content