cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CW2000 - Problems with device attributes

ssaunde2
Level 1
Level 1

When we check the device attributes for model 3550 switches, telnet shows up as "not supported" even though we can telnet into the switch with no problem and the telnet password is set correctly in Ciscoworks. Has anyone else encountered this problem? If you know of a solution to this please let me know. Thank you.

6 Replies 6

ruckerdr
Level 1
Level 1

Which module in CW2k are you referring to?

Its under Resource Manager Essentials/Administration/Inventory/Check Device Attributes.

I would ensure that I had the latest IDU for RME. Also many of the quirky problems I had in LMS went away with version 2.2. No more Java Virtual Machine to deal with. =) If you upgrade you can perform a rediscovery of the devices which should help. If that doesn't work I would put a Sniffer on the wire and look at what the packets are doing.

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

"telnet access" means a telnet connection without username, just password, in CiscoWorks context. This is used for CatOS devices only.

For IOS devices (3550, e.g.) Local user is used instead of it.

And Enable Secret (and Enable if defined in RME) is checked for enable mode access.

Regards,

Milan

vnealy
Level 1
Level 1

I think Device Attributes never worked right. I am still getting a lot of bogus checks on all of my devices. All my patches are up-to-date on CW2K and I am on RME 3.5(LMS2.2) yet I still get a lot of device attribute errors all the time.

I have been having similar problems with the latest version of CW2K LMS (2.2, RME 3.5). I have reinstalled the application and the OS many times, and RME continues to report many device attribute errors.

If I install CD One 5th Edition and RME 3.4 with IDU 5, I have no problems at all. TAC seems to be unable to assist me as well.

^^^Bump^^^

Anyone else having CW2K LMS 2.2 RME problems?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: