Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CW2K 5th Ed. & HPOV NNM6.2

I have installed CW2K 5th Edition on an HPOV NNM 6.2 server running Solaris 2.8 but am having major integration issues between the two applications. None of the applications under the Cisco Applications menu appear to work, but are also not generating error messages. Right clicking a Cisco icon does not produce the CiscoView option as it did with previous integrations.

Has anyone successfully integrated these two products in a purely UNIX production environment? Any suggestions on what I might have forgotten? I loaded JRE 1.3.1 and the latest cluster patch out of HP, but still no luck. I have a TAC case as well, but was hoping to find someone who had succeeded where I so far have not.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: CW2K 5th Ed. & HPOV NNM6.2

Make sure that you used the latest Adapter since both HPOV and CW2K are on the same server. After the integration, did the icons in HPOV map change to show the correct CIsco device model instead of Generic icons?. If so, then select a icon and then see if you get the CV launch option in HPOV menus or not. Since without selecting the icon, the CV launch will be grayed out. Last thing to check is the log file to be sure that the integration went ok without errors.

I used the 1.5 Adapter that I downloaded from CCO but still have generic icons. Guess I will uninstall and reinstall after downloading a fresh copy of the 1.5 Adapter. But I didn't pull any errors in the Integration Log.

OK. I reloaded everything and am now right back where I started - nonfunctional integration of CV with NNM. Any more suggestions? I can't even web into CW2000.

[I don't want to separate the two products but may have to if I can't get them to integrate properly so that the techs can actually use CV.]

I don't remember it being this difficult in previous iterations. What changed?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content