Views
Helpful
Replies

CW2k abnd Compaq Insight Manager (CIM7)

s.coyle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Since I'm having problems with VHM running with Campus, I want to move Campus/RME to another server.

Anyone put Campus and RME on the same server as Compaq Insight Manager (CIM7) ... or vice versa?

I'll be using a Compaq DL380 with 1.5GB RAM and 1.3GHZ CPU. Runs CW2k fine and runs CIM7 OK....but bnot sure if it'll do both.

Thanks

Simon.

2 Replies 2

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

VHM 1.1 Install docs clearly says: 'Caution VHM requires a dedicated system. Do not run any other products on the system except those that are part of the CiscoWorks IP Telephony Environment Monitor Solution (such as CD One, 5th Edition; VHM; and DFM).':

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/vhm/vhm1_1/install/ch1.htm

As for Compaq Insight Manager (CIM) and CW2K, better if you shutdown CIM to avoid any conflicts like CSCdw93703.

Thanks, guessed as much ... oh well, looks like another late night REbuilding servers :-)

The release notes say 'such as' when maybe they should read 'wholly, solely and exclusively'.

It's a shame when CiscoWorks 'addon' products like ITEM do not actually add on to the CiscoWorks bundles they are described as being an 'addon' for! CWITEM-1.3-ADD-K9 is sold as an 'addon to LMS2.x', though maybe that should read, 'addon to LMS2.x providing you dont actually have the most common parts of LMS2.x installed' ...or am I being a little too cynical here.

Seriously, though, a check that CM or RME are not resident on the same system might be a nice thing to have, in ITEM 1.4.

Simon.