cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CW2K - Campus Mgr L2 View wierd

makkers
Level 1
Level 1

When I am in Campus Mgr L2 view I see lots of nice little red or green routers and switches.

However others are large grey, green or red bars/blocks. We know they are supported devices as we can cview and everything else gui-wise is cool. I have checked to see if it is a local device IOS , OID, snmp problem and cannot find a pattern to the device or config type. This is really frustrating as we have a large network and cant make it presentable with these ugly things all over the place.

Have checked for any java related issues also.

Why some and not others, is there a bug.

btw I am a suffer of lms 1.0 and camp mgr ver 3.0 + patch 1, dont tell me to upgrade unless you send the cash!

Anyone else seen this??

8 Replies 8

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

"others are large grey, green or red bars/blocks" -> Are these devices Red/Green with a "?" on them?. when you move your mouse pointer over these boxes, do they show up with the correct device type/modle or with a generic OID ?

Thx 4 coming back.

The 'large grey, green or red bars/blocks' have the device ip address within them. When the mouse pointer hovers over the device it it shows the correct device module, ip address and connected upstream/downstream port detailed.

....to add to this some devices are 'unknown' when mouse hovers over 'large grey, green or red bars/blocks'

This means that Campus Manager is recoganizing them as a generic SNMP device rather than the correct model. What exactly are these devices in question (models)?

typically cat3524, 48, 08G XL's. One or two c1720 routers as well. This is not across all devices as I have many 3524,48XL and c1720 that I see as I would expect.

One thing you want to check first is that the devices not showing up in the map are indeed supported or not by the Campus Manager versioin you're using: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/camp_mgr/sup_dev/index.htm

All supported!! ...we are not clustering either.

I am going to reinstall campus manager patch 1 and the device packages as avail from from cco to see if this has any result.

Is it worth / possible to upgrade cfm from 1.2 to 2.1 with cd opne 3rd edition??

There is no direct upgrade path from 3rd Ed to 5th Ed. Can only upgrade from 4th to 5th. However, since you're on 3rd Ed, you can use the Data Migration Tool from: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-cd-one which can be used to migrate data (if you want to keep it) from 3rd to 5th Ed. See the corresponding Readme file for details.