cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CW2K changing Device configs at random??

I have a handfull of devices that are having the Sysname changed by CW2K without being told to.

I change the sysname and a few days later it is changed back. I could understand CW2K archiving configs after they are changed but to actually change the syslog name back to what it was before, without me directiing it to is hard to track. The logs on the device do not show snmp "sets" so I cannot track down the exact time it occurs. It appears to happen at least once a week, or if I restart the server it does it then, and it is only a dozen or so devices, and the same ones everytime. No pattern of device type etc can be determined.

7 Replies 7

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Is this RME 3.4?. If so, then take a look at CSCdx73755 via CCO Bug Toolkit. It seems close.

That looks like it could be it. What is the quickest way to get the 3.4.3 upgrade?

There is no such version as 3.4.3 currently. 3.4 is the latest right now.

So is there a bug fix in place for this problem?

You should contact TAC to find out if there's fix available or not assuming that the bug matches 100% with your problem symptoms.

This has been fixed in the RME 3.4 IDU 2.0 according to the README file for the IDU: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-rme

We faced this same bug in our setup. The TAC claimed the bug was fixed in RME 3.4 IDU 1.0, though it wasn't listed in the notes for the IDU. The Engineer I was working with finally sent me the patches themselves.

I can e-mail them to you if you so wish.

Scott