cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CW2K CM User Tracking stuck in Discovery

bbenton
Level 1
Level 1

After recovering the ANI database two weeks ago, User Tracking discovery seems to be stuck in discovery mode. It hasn't updated any records since the re-init, and when checking discovery status it says it's discovering and that status never changes. Everything else within RME/Campus Mgr appears to work fine. Running CD One 5th v2.1, RME 3.4, and CM 3.2

I've looked at logs and can't see any related errors. The recovery was prompted by ANI database corruption when drive ran out of space. Anyone have any ideas?

3 Replies 3

elsie.leung
Level 1
Level 1

I ran into the same problem a while back. I went to delete the "unreachable" devices from topology services, the discovery continued.

We had the same problem too. I deleted the User Tracking entries older than 30 days (to cut down on the number of devices in the UT database) and then reinitialized the ANI server. On Windows, go to \cscopx\bin and type "perl reinitdb.pl". This will delete the current ANI database and start fresh from the specified parameters.

Works now, thanks!! Doing the reinitdb script is what got me where I'm at, so I first tried deleting the half-dozen or so unreachables in Topology Services. Bingo, everything cleared up within a minute.

Odd one, Cisco. You gonna fix this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: