Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

CW2K not reporting reloads

We implement Ciscoworks 2000 with NNM (Network Node Manager [HP's product]) for our SNMP management. Lately, CW2K has not reported any reloads for the past 3-4 weeks. We put a sniffer trace from our CW2K server to a router that successfully showed up in the change audit report, as we changed it's hostname. It seemed that the CW2K server was pinging every 30 seconds. For some reason, it's wanting to poll.

Any ideas/suggestions on getting these reloads to appear? It's important as far as documentation is concerned.

As far as config for SNMP, nothing has changed that would make this stop working. We implement a RO and RW string, specify a host to send the traps to, enable traps to be frame-relay, etc. I can supply a sample config if need be.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES
Blue

Re: CW2K not reporting reloads

What is the RME version and is the latest RME IDU patch installed?. Also, the reload reports working only for few devices or none at all?. Meaning, if you have 100 devices, does RME reporting reloads for only 2-3 devices?

We are running RME version 3.4. The latest IDU patch installed is: RME3_4_IDU -4_0

We are not receiving any reloads. This occurred about 3-4 weeks ago and has been happening ever since.

We have over 1,500 routers in the inventory. Recently we have ran quite a few large jobs to confirm with our standards, such as password changes, hostname changes, etc..

We do receive change audits however.

I had the same issue a while back. I opened a TAC and fortunately for me I got a tech who was able to get an "experimental" patch for me and it almost worked. Well, it broke something else but I let the tech know this and the tech got me the finished product, another patch, I reinstalled it and now reload reports run just like before. This seems to be a known issue-CSCin51510.

I can send you the latest patch I have if you would like.

Hope this helps.

Yes please send me the patch.

william.tucker@fiserv.com

Thanks!

Hi,

This reload reports is under RME, does DFM can find out some SNMP traps regarding "reload"? I never got some "ColdStart" alarm under DFM.

And send a patch to me, please. Thanks a lot.

David

That patch was for RME 3.5. I am running 3.4. I have a TAC case open, but not getting anywhere with it. Any other suggestions?

Just another note. When I go to RME - Availability - Availability Monitor and I look at Interface Details, the last update on every router I have looked at thus far was back in August. Could this be a service that was stopped? The "Last Response" under Avail. Monitor on all routers is Oct. 23rd. Why would the last update be so long ago??

Thanks.

I was just told we turned off pinging via CW2k, thus creating the last update stat of Aug 19th.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content