cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CW2K polling reseting ATM interfaces on 7206 VXR

RAFFI TASHJIAN
Level 1
Level 1

I helped install a demo copy at one of my customer locations. They are experiencing "interface resets" on their WAN routers when the devices are polled by CW2K Server. I did some research on the support page, but the only potential issue I could find was that maybe they were running into the SNMP vulnerability. If anyone knows of a similar situation, I would like to review it. Thanks.

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Is this Windows or Solaris and the version of CW2K?. All devices are running into this problem or any specific ones?. Also, did you verify that this is indeed caused by CW2K?

Windows 2000 professional: The two core 7206 VXR's with the same code level of IOS (tm) 7200 Software (C7200-JS-M), Version 12.1(3a)E5. The OC-3 ATM interfaces appear to be the only ones with problems. The problems ceased when they took the server offline.

Most likely some MIB object is being queried on the device causing it to go into an undesirable state. One thing you can try out if this is not a production router and box it to install the JET Packet Capture Tool for CW2K from:http://sourceforge.net/projects/cosi-nms and capture a trace while this problem happens again. This will exactly tell you what is being queried by the application and then use snmp views to block it as a temp workaround.