cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CW2K RME 3.5 cannot perform ssh connection to devices

lganeva
Level 1
Level 1

My CW2K RME 3.5 does not try to make an ssh connection to my devices though it is configured as transport protocol , credentials are ok.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BR,

Lora

7 Replies 7

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Does the devices in question running crypto images?

Yes,

The problem is that "Check device attributes" fails, but Configuration changes are applied. What is the difference between these two parts of RME?

Can't answer the question, but I wan't to tell you that we experience simular difficulties with SSH and I guess there are general problems with SSH in this product and the only reason to have no solution is the very rare deployments of CW2K with SSH enabled boxes.

I will open a new record in this forum to explain our SSH problem with RME and would suggest to keep in contact, if one of us got the solution for this first.

Steffen

Hi,

Thank You for Your reponse, we shall keep in touch in case any of us finds a solution.

BR,

Lora

I have the same question. Here is what I found.

Bug ID CSCdz44557

In RME 3.4 when using SSH for device attributes we get the error "Failed"

in the device attribute report. This is not an intermittent bug. As soon as

telnet is disabled on the device and only ssh is allowed we have the problem.

The device shows up with failed under the tacacs column. This is wholly

cosmetic since everything else seems to be working. It is an issue because once all the

devices have telnet turned off, they will all show up in the device attribute

error report.

Hi,

Thank You for Your response. Actually my RME is 3.5 but I have exactly the problem described in this bug.

BR,

Lora

It was initally found in RME3.4 and continue on to 3.5.

I also have RME3.5 and was upgraded from 3.4. Therefore, I have been experincing this problem. It does seem to be cosmetic, because NetConfig and others work just fine. Hopefully Cisco can fix it soon...hate to see errors!