cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CWorks2K - Campus Manager views

makkers
Level 1
Level 1

I have Ciscoworks2k on a Win2K Server and am experiencing some wierd views within Campus Manager with Cat3500XL switches.

In my Layer2 view some devices are seen as expected but others are seen as grey/green blocks bit like old 8bit 'little brick out'.

However, within Lan edge view and all local views to include VTP and network topology all devices are seen as the appropriate device.

I have checked local switch IOS, SNMP, community strings and chassis /engine ID stuff as detailed on Ciscoweb but cannot figure it out. I have even compared one good device against a badley depicted device and cannot see any snmp or config differences.

Anyone seen this or have any ideas??]

5 Replies 5

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Are these 3500XL switches setup in a Cluster configuration?. What verison of Campus Manager you have?

Hi

No they are not clustered, they are individually configured with their own specific IP Addresses.

Campus manager is v3.0

CMF 1.2

ani 3.2

cam 3.9

cd one Third edition v1.2

I also have another query of you could help? Within Server Configuratiopn>setup>aniserver admin>snmp settings you can change the community strings that ANIserver looks for. The syntax states

#*.*.*.*:read_community::timeout:retries:::::write community

If I want to grant read only access should the syntax be

#*.*.*.*:read_community

?

What type of 3500XL are these (model/sysObjectID?). For ANI SNMP Community strings settings, refer to the on-line help with the application for details.

catalyst

WS-C3524XL-EN -- .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.248

WS-C3508G-XL-EN -- .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.246

WS-C3548-XL-EN -- .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.278

All IOS 12.0(5.2) or greater

ANI Online help a bit open to interpretation. Would like to see some more specific examples

Thanks

You can try doing the reinit of the ANI db if that helps. But you'll loose your current map/settings in campus.