Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CWW Startup

I had to reinstall CWW v6.0 on a laptop. The admin/admin username and pwd combination is not working. I tried using the 1741 port per documentation, no luck. Any ideas how to get the Desktop started?

TIA

9 REPLIES
Blue

Re: CWW Startup

CWW 6.0 Users are managed via WUG. You can goto Start-Programs->WhatsUp->WhatUpGold->Configure->Web Server->Users. From here you can add/delete/modify users and their passwords including admin in case you have lost it.

Thanks. Went to WUG as you said, admin/admin is still set...however will not allow me to login. I created a new user and pwd. Would not allow me to login, either via port 80 or the as factory set port 1742.

Msg Below.

500 Internal Server Error

com.cisco.nm.cww.security.wugloginmodule:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/cisco/nm/cww/security/wugloginmodule (wrong name: com/cisco/nm/cww/security/WugLoginModule)

Blue

What OS and Service Pack you're using?. Did you install CWW as Local Administrator of the box?

WIN2K Laptop, SP2 with latest Sec upgrades, IE5.5 latest 128-bit.

Logged on as Admin equivalent.

Blue

You must log in as an Administrator local to the machine (no pseudo user or admin equivalent login) when installing CWW. You should remove it completely and then re-install it again.

I completely uninstalled CWW 6.0 as Administrator. I then reinstalled CWW 6.0 as Administrator. Same bloody error. I even tried to login as "guest" with no password.....same error??????????????

500 Internal Server Error

com.cisco.nm.cww.security.wugloginmodule:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/cisco/nm/cww/security/wugloginmodule (wrong name: com/cisco/nm/cww/security/WugLoginModule)

Blue

Is this an Eval/Demo version or a full licensed copy?. Did you try to install it on any other Win2K server to see if you get the same result?

It is a fully licensed copy. Thats my next idea, install it on a server, which I didn't want to do. At least it should run on my laptop for mobile/remote management. I suspect that there is a Registry setting that has not been cleared by the uninstall under the other non Administrator profile. What that value is I have no clue. Suffice it to say that the deinstall/reinstall is not clearing that value because reinstalling under true Administrator does not work. Very frustrating. Basically I have a fully licensed version that for now, I cannot run on my laptop.

Blue

For doing the un-install, make sure that you use CWWs uninstall and not Add/Remove Programs under Control Panel.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content