Views
Helpful
Replies

DDR: 2nd B channel won't connect

parlman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a 2611 router configured for DDR and multilink. I have a load-threshold set to save some $$ on per minute charges. I have one BRI connected to router. I am using a dialer interface and have two dialer strings configured. When the threshold is reached on the first b-channel, the router tries to dial the first number again. It gets a busy and immediately tries the next number.

It never gets connected and I get the following message from DEBUG DIALER.

"BRI1/0 DDR: Has 2 ongoing call(s), maximum allowed call(s) 2 on pool1, exceeded max"

From looking thru the forums, it seems to me that before the call to the first number (which gets a busy) is completely dropped, the router believes a call is being completed and doesn't finish the second call. I tried the "isdn fast-rollover-delay" command to see if it had any effect. It didn't.

While first channel was connected, I issued the "isdn call interface bri1/0 XXXYYYY" command (where XXXYYYY is second b channel number of remote BRI), and it connected fine. So, there seems to be some sort of timing issue with the calls being placed.

Any ideas? I realize telco should know enough to roll the call to second channel, but it ain't happenin'.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

mljohnson
Level 4
Level 4

I'm not sure what version you are at, but you may want to ensure that you are at least up to the latest 12.1. The following bugs would be fixed:

CSCds25095 Dialer profiles does not work after a few connected calls

CSCdt18462 Dialer Profiles-ISDN calls rejection even with free B channels.