Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DDR Timers

Hi, I need to know witch command used in the interface async to limit the timer of the dial-up is up when the serial is down

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: DDR Timers

Not sure I understand; you are asking about an async and serial (which is sync) interface at the same time. If you mean that the async is a backup to the serial , then the timing depends on how you are doing backup. If it's with the "backup" command, then use the "backup delay" to determine when the async interface will go back into standy mode. If it's using floating static, then you can only use the "dialer idle" along with "dialer-group" (which controls what traffic is interesting) to control how long the async stays up; once the serial returns, all traffic should go to it anyway. If you are using Dialer-Watch, then use the "dialer watch-list X delay disconnect" command.

If you are asking another question, then please repost it.

Hi, I using floating static i need to controls the timers when the serial is down the timer of delay to the async up.

Bronze

You don't have the same control over timers with floating static routes as you do with Dialer Watch or the "backup" command, so if you really want to control when the dialing first occurs and when it hangs up, you may want to check into those two features.

With floating static routes, once the routing cutover completes (the primary route removed from the table, and the floating static route then kicks in) the backup interface acts like an ordinary DDR interface; ie, if there is interesting traffic we will dial immediately, and the connection will stay up until the idle timer expires. There is really no other timing control available with DDR; you could also have a look at "dialer redial" in conjunction with DDR, but this would only help you to control the redial attempts.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content