Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

DDR with Microsoft WinNT Wkst in both directions?

Hi ,

I want to make a DialonDemand-Routing between a WinNT 4.0 Workstation with ISDN adapter in it and a Cisco36xx-router (with ISDN primary).

The WinNT in that case should be able to call the cisco router and it should also be possible that the cisco router calls the WInNT. So I would need a RAS-client and a RAS-server on the WinNT.

The WinNT represents a remote office. If the central site call the remote office the WinNT should route all the traffic over the isdn link to the central site.

It seems to work sometimes with registry routing parameter, but this sounds not be the best solution.

Is there anybody who knows how to configure this or which cheap product for a WinNT-workstation is doing that job?

Regards,

Chris

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: DDR with Microsoft WinNT Wkst in both directions?

You can replace that using cisco 804 router with bri line. It does have 4 port ethernet hub built in. Here is the link for 800 series router and pick the model based on the interfaces required.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/rt/800/index.shtml

Community Member

Re: DDR with Microsoft WinNT Wkst in both directions?

That was also my suggestion for this but the customer does not want to invest more than the ISDN-Terminal Adapter price. (about 100 dollar)

Regards,

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content