cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delete vlan1

u346874_2
Level 1
Level 1

Now wondering is that true that vlan 1 can not be deleted from devices. We are not using vlan 1 and now i have on work list to delete vlan1 but can i do that or is that so native that its not bossible. How to make show that nobody can use that vlan if can not be deleted. How to disable it safe. Have anyone done that.

Any Idea

thanks

Juha

5 Replies 5

rajinikanth
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

VLAN1 is the native vlan

to make others not to use the vlan1 simply assign all the ports a vlan membership other then vlan1

Thanks

Raj

Thanks Raj for answer. Sounds easy to say goodbye for vlan 1. I still wonder spantree. Should that also disable for vlan 1.(no spantree 1) Trunkports still have vlan 1 but if i make "allowed list" for trunk ports and do not allow vlan1 i suppose trunkports are also free for that vlan.

What you think.

Juha

Take a glance at Bugtool CSCeg58877, an idea what could happen if you remove vlan1 from allowed vlan on trunk port.

Check all your configuration before...

Thanks for that information. That was what i was looking for. Helpful hints and discussion about leaving vlan 1. We are using different native vlan and iam now getting information what risk there are when try to leave the native vlan 1. Have anyone else done that and how did you do that. What else comes to mind.

thanks

Juha

vemulabhanu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

You can assisgn all your ports to different vlans oter than vlan 1 and then make your choice of vlan as the native vlan. You can make any vlan as a native vlan.