cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Description

amansoi_5
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to run command show interface description on Cisco 2950 Switch .

Th output of command appears in one or two lines showing only the description entered for few ethernet ports. It does not show any port with status UP or down..

what could be the problem ?

regds,

aman

9 Replies 9

Anand Narayana
Level 6
Level 6

Can you just post the output?

Sir,

Please find the show version & output of sh int des command

regds,

aman

hi

Can you try with show interface status which will give u the port type,status,duplex also the vlan membership details..

regds

Sir,

I have tried with show interface status and i am able to get the o/p as mentioned by you.

Is this something to do with IOS of switch ?

Any way thanks a lot

I think you can upgrade the IOS on the switch, looking at the version of the IOS, i think its an old IOS image. so try that, hope it will work.

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

From your post and the attached memo , it appears that you have pretty old code and that may be whats causing it , this is a fairly new command that may not be on that old of code , try upgradeing the code . Works fine on all our 2950's .

Sir,

I have one more query . Recently, we have purchased Cisco 7206VXR router . In this router , when we run show interface description , message comes

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

version of router is

c7200-ds-mz.122-11.T10.bin

Is there any alternate command with which I can find out what all links are UP since on the same router we have got two channelised E1, PRI & 2Mbps links.

regds,

aman

Try,

" Show ip int brief "

regards,

-amit singh

This command is working but this does not show me, which particular location /site is terminating at which serial port of router .

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: