cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device attribute errors reported incorrectly in CWLMS 2.2

nwhalley
Level 1
Level 1

Running CWLMS 2.2 (although this has happened in earlier versions as well), and in the Import Status window it reports 33 devices as having device attribute errors (telnet and SNMP errors). However I know this to be incorrect as I can successfully test against both telnet and SNMP RO/RW with Management Station to Device and the fact all devices are configured with the correct access information (proved through exporting to file and manually connecting to offending devices to check criteria). Has anyone else seen this and/or got any suggestions on how to rectify it?

Thanks in anticipation.

Nick

4 Replies 4

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

Bug CSCds82356 might be what you are facing.

john.sobrinho
Level 1
Level 1

How were thes devices entered ? If you have entered these devices previously and used wrong values ? The db will remember all imported values if you selected Use data from managed Devices or resolve conflicts afterwards. To clean up you need to select "Use data from imported devices", and ensure you do not enter values in feilds that are not used, this will clean up any additional entries in the db and reduce conflict errors.

I disagree. I have commented on this before. I am sure that this part of CW2K has NEVER worked correctly. I have spent numerous hours tediously going throough all 295 of my devices for attribute errors. All my devices were in order however, RME STILL reported them as being "incorrect" or "did not try". Also, it seems that Cisco has expanded the definitions for the values in the fields.

I found a few Cisco 4000 routers amongst others with unresponsive or dare I say "corrupt" snmp agents. After an IOS upgrade I could manage them correctly through CW2K 's RME. Do a test upgrade and see if you get the same response.