cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Devices discovery problems

6rlopez_2
Level 1
Level 1

1) A lot of equipments appear as Unreacheable (the seed= Cat 4506 and several Catalyst 3550) and they have the same configuration as other switches 3550 that are Reacheable.

2) Also, it does not recognize Cat 4506 (appears as ciscoProducts.502), Cat 3550 (ciscoProducts.485) nor Cisco 3745 (ciscoProducts.436). However they are included in the DEvice Supported list.

3) To finish: the Device name is not shown, only the IP address. We have DNS and anyway, as alternative to DNS it must use the sysName of CDP; isn´t it?

I have Campus 3.2 with IDU 3.0.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I am curious about your second problem. Instead of Cat4506, it appears as 502? I guess 502 is a firewall. I am getting confused here how this can happen?

Do anyone have any clue of why this is happening?

kawng
Level 1
Level 1

Please verify that the IDU 3.0 is installed,

Server Configuration->About the Server->Applications and Versions

There is a Patches section, please make sure you have

the right patch for the right version.

IDU 3.0 supports 4506, 3550, and 3745

also, check Server Configuration->About the Server->About ANI Server->Device Support

and make sure the OIDs match up with those devices.

Please make all 3 devices seed devices and increase the SNMP timeouts in SNMP Settings.

In Discovery Settings, please make sure Reverse DNS is checked before running a new discovery.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: