Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

DFM 1.2 - Cat2950 False Down Alerts

Hi,

I am currently monitoring a number of devices (approx 65) through DFM, of which about 20 are 2950-24's (of varying code levels). Two of these 2950's are continually being reported by DFM as being unresponsive -- however this is clearly not the case. The Ciscoworks server itself can traceroute, ping, etc these devices without an issue, and other Ciscoworks components (like RME - Availability) correctly diagnose the devices as functional and fine. I've set all sorts of timeout thresholds and retries to high values on these two devices to no avail. All the other 2950's are being monitored correctly through DFM, and all have very similar SNMP configs on the devices themselves.

Has anyone run into anything like this or have any suggestions on having DFM correctly monitor these devices? I currently have the connectivity polling disabled on these two devices in order to stop the flase alerts, but that is not the answer I am really looking for.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: DFM 1.2 - Cat2950 False Down Alerts

Is IDU 1.2.7 for DFM installed?

Re: DFM 1.2 - Cat2950 False Down Alerts

It is, although on your message I have re-installed since it didn't show up in my "Applications and Versions" under server config with the other IDU's. It still isn't showing up there, but the problem has not yet resurfaced, it appears to be monitoring correctly. I will keep on eye on it to see if the problem re-appears over the next few days.

Thanks for the response!

Views
Helpful
Replies