Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM 1.2 export and import

fdeatoug
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was wondering if there is an easy way to export the DFM database and then re-import onto another machine? I've tried using backuprestore.pl but that doesn't restore the database only DFM and CMF (although the directory DMF does appear under the backup directory?). I don't want to recover the DFM database by letting it rediscover all the devices again as this will mean manage or unmanaging each device

Hope you can help!

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

The Backup/Restore function in CW2K does not backup/restore the DFM database. If the DFM ChangeProbe process is running once you populate the RME Inventory, using the RME Adapter will automatically sync the RME inventory with DFM. You can also use a .csv seed file to import the devices in DFM inventory.

See the section 'How do I add devices to DFM (so DFM can manage them)?' at: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/dfm/dfm_faq.htm#xtocid13 for the procedure.

Thanks for your reply.

This is what I thought. What if I copy the files located under the DFM directory?

1. On the DFM 1.2 CD there is a utility which copies a DFM 1.1 database which you can later use to create the elements in DFM 1.2 without the need to re-populate the database. Isn't there a way to do something similar between DFM 1.2 databases?

2. If the 2 servers had the same name and IP address would it then be possible to copy the DFM databases between eachother?

Thanks for your reply.

If the DFM version on both servers are exactly the same and the ip add/hostname are also the same, copying the DFM database (.rps) over to the other server will give you the inventory but the Polling/Threshold settings will not be carried over. That you'll have to setup again. In that case, stop the processes, copy the .rps db, delete the broker.rps and then start the processes back again. Permissions need to be setup correctly as well. Before doing this, make a backup of the original DFM db.