Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

DFM 1.2 with IDU 1.2.3 not supporting 3745??

I have DFM 1.2 with IDU 1.2.3 installed, that supposedly adds new device support for 3745s. What level of 'support' is provided? What does 'supported device mean? I have added 5 3745s which don't appear in any default groups in the Admin Console or in Polling & Thresholds. The only way I could find them was by searching for IP Instances. Browsing each IP Instance object showed that the Type value = router, but they don't appear in the Routers group. I tried creating a new polling Group by copying the Routers polling group, making it higher priority than the Routers Group, and then using a matching criteria of SystemObject ID= .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.436 (ie a 3745), and reconfiguring, but these devices still don't appear as 'visibly' manageable devices.

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: DFM 1.2 with IDU 1.2.3 not supporting 3745??

Keep in mind that DFM does not support switch clusters. If you have set up your switches as a cluster, this could possibly be the problem.

Views
Helpful
Replies