cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

DFM Add Agent

Hi,

I want to add some Network related Servers (DNS e.g) to the DFM 1.2 (IDU 1.2.3) inventory for polling. I add it using the administration console Add Agent -> After its added I set the SupportsSNMP Attribute to false (to prevent discovery errors and to move the from Undiscovered to Host category).

The problems is that some Servers don't show-up in the Inventory ! even when the're reachable, even a search within DFM inventory (Find Instances) don't show these Servers. Any idea how to handle this ? The bug navigator doesn't show up any related bugs.

Thanks in advance for any help!

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: DFM Add Agent

Community Member

Hi,

According to the DFM User Guide (Chapter 7) I can add PC workstations etc. to the Inventory. What's the procedure to add them to the inventory? The procedure in Chapter 7 DFM Inventory Collection page 7-8 doesn't seem to work for all PC workstations (in my case some Server which doesn't support SNMP)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Frank

Blue

If the device does not support SNMP, DFM will not be able to add it in the inventory since when click on Add agent in DFM, it asks you for the SNPM Read string for the device.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content