Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

dfm email not working

Hi

Ive run into a problem with ciscoworks (5th edition). Device Fault Manager used to mail us when problems occured but it now no longer does. Ive tried to enable it in DFM Admin and it says it has but when I check the process status it says that it isnt running. The reason given is "Administrator has shut the down the server". If you then try to start it in ANI server process admin, is says it has. But if you again check the process status it has the same message as before.

We have the file and trap notification working ok, can you have all three?

We are running DFM ver 1.2 - with no patches on a Win2k server service pack 2.

The event logs on server record this when I try to start DfmMailNotifier:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: sm_notify

Event Category: None

Event ID: 1

Date: 26/03/2003

Time: 15:27:51

User: N/A

Computer: xxxxxxxxxxx

Description:

The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( sm_notify ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: [26-Mar-2003 15:27:51+930.000000ms]

GNA-E-While initializing adapter driver

MR-Tried to make a call on a NULL repository object

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks

Norman

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: dfm email not working

Since you say that your mail-notifier has stopped working suddenly, can you please me send the sm_mail_notifier.log file in the objects/smarts/logs directory. Also, you can have all the 3 mail, trap and file notifiers turned on.

Are you seeing traps logged in the file notifier log file DFM-alarms.log ? If possible can you please send the entire objects/smarts/logs directory and also the mail_notifier.conf file under objects/smarts/conf/notifier/mail_notify.conf. Did you make any changes or customizations to this file ? Please send this file and I will try to investigate. Also, send the files under objects/smarts/rules/mail-notify/.

It appears that the mail notifier process is not able to start for some reason, if you send me the above information, I will try to investigate.

Views
Helpful
Replies