cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM: Matching Criteria problem

pvanvuuren
Level 3
Level 3

I'm battling to add a new group in the Thresholds tab in DFM.

I want to put all my 3640's in one group and to set their serial interface utilisation thresholds different to the default. So from the matiching criteria I choose the "SystemModel" element and set the value to 3640. Then , as instructed, I do a Reconfigure and then a "Save Inventory" . DFM reports two 3640's from its initial discovery , yet in my Thresholds tab I do not see any members in my newly created group. Surely once I see those two in "members" that would be my verification that they are being managed.

What am doing wrong here ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vergeerf
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure you've setup your customer group to a higher priority then in this case the group routers. Otherwise the 3640 matches this group. It's a top/down process. First match wins.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

vergeerf
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure you've setup your customer group to a higher priority then in this case the group routers. Otherwise the 3640 matches this group. It's a top/down process. First match wins.

Man, you were right on the money. I played with it for looong while and stumbled upon the crucial configuration setting. Since that priotization it works now. Many thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: