cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k
Bronze

DFM: Matching Criteria problem

I'm battling to add a new group in the Thresholds tab in DFM.

I want to put all my 3640's in one group and to set their serial interface utilisation thresholds different to the default. So from the matiching criteria I choose the "SystemModel" element and set the value to 3640. Then , as instructed, I do a Reconfigure and then a "Save Inventory" . DFM reports two 3640's from its initial discovery , yet in my Thresholds tab I do not see any members in my newly created group. Surely once I see those two in "members" that would be my verification that they are being managed.

What am doing wrong here ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: DFM: Matching Criteria problem

Make sure you've setup your customer group to a higher priority then in this case the group routers. Otherwise the 3640 matches this group. It's a top/down process. First match wins.

2 REPLIES

Make sure you've setup your customer group to a higher priority then in this case the group routers. Otherwise the 3640 matches this group. It's a top/down process. First match wins.

Bronze

Man, you were right on the money. I played with it for looong while and stumbled upon the crucial configuration setting. Since that priotization it works now. Many thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content