cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM & Paging

tim.vaughan
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone implemented DFM and configured it to work w/ Telalert, or other similar notification utility? It sounds like the primary way of accomplishing notifications is via the mail notifier gateway but that seems to offer limited flexibility.

Tks,

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Mail Notifier Adapter section at http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/dfm/dfm_faq.htm should clear up things. Haven't tried it with Telaert etc though.

Already read that, thanks. From the DVM perspective it comes down to using the trap notifier or mail notifier to integrate w/ any external apps. Unfortunately, I can't find where Alarmpoint or Telalert tie in w/ it directly. Telalert can receive e-mails and generate notifications accordingly but I don't think it has the same ability w/ traps, it only sends them. I was hoping to keep it simple by using traps but it appears as if it would have to be custom.

Does anyone know if Cisco licensed for DFM the ability to custom develop adapters via SMARTS' Adapter Scripting Language (ASL), not just modify the available ones? If not, I'm sure I can do something in PERL.

Tks

"Does anyone know if Cisco licensed for DFM the ability to custom develop adapters via SMARTS' Adapter Scripting Language (ASL), not just modify the available ones? If not, I'm sure I can do something in PERL" --> Customization Not available.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: