Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

DFM problem - PPP and ONDEMAND mode

Hi there,

We're running DFM 1.2.4 with CW2000 (Windows) and we're having a problem with serial interfaces. We have a number of routers interconnected via T-1's running PPP. However, DFM on discovery sets these interfaces to "ONDEMAND" mode, which in turn generates a number of "Exceeded Maximum Uptime" faults. I've set the interfaces to "NORMAL" mode, applied the changes, done a "Reconfigure" and a "Save Inventory". However, the mode value seems to change back to "ONDEMAND" mode after the next discovery or poll. Obviously PPP exists outside the Dial-On-Demand arena; how can I convince DFM of that?

Thanks

Brian Read

2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: DFM problem - PPP and ONDEMAND mode

CSCdu28633 with the following workaround:

DFM marks serial interface with encapsulation PPP as On Demand Interface. It will give "Exceeded Maximum Uptime" message in the Alarms.

Marking the interfaces as On Demand is according to design. To change the mode to NORMAL, do the following in the Polling and Thresholds Console, under Interface Groups:

1) Create a new Interface Group called "PPP interface"

2) Add the following Matching Criteria

Type = *PPP*

3) Increase the Priority of this new PPP interface Group to a higher

level than the default group Dial on Demand.

4) Reconfigure.

5) Verify that there are now members under the PPP Interface Group.

See if this helps.

Re: DFM problem - PPP and ONDEMAND mode

Hey, I think that did it. Thanks for the tip.

BR

Views
Helpful
Replies