cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM "Non-authenticad source" minor alarms

greg.kirkness
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting alarms in my DFM monitoring console that report "Non-authenticated source" for a number of devices. Yet when I perform a "Check Device Attributes" on the specified devices in RME, all of the attributes come back OK ie Read and Write community strings, Telnet and Enable passwords etc.

The specific message reads Non-authenticated source: <Our LMS servers IP address>

Any ideas what authentication this error is referring to?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

"reads Non-authenticated source: " --> Have you changed the ip address of your DFM/LMS Server recently to a new address?. If yes, what is the operating system and the version of DFM/RME?

No, I have not changed the IP address of the LMS server. What I was testing was new SNMP community strings. However, I have now changed the strings back to the original values on the devices, changed the device attributes in RME, and updated the inventory.

Does DFM maintain info on devices outside the RME / ANI databases? Perhaps this info, if it exists, is what is out of sync with the real configuration.

FYI, I am running W2K SP2 and LMS 2.0 ( DFM 1.1 )

Thanks

Use the RME Adapter to automatically synchronize a local or remote RME inventory with the DFM inventory. When devices are added to RME, they are automatically probed by DFM. (However, when devices are removed from RME, you must manually remove them from DFM.) The CW2000 process that performs this synchronization is called DfmChangeProbe. So, I believe that when you changed the strings on your devices, since the inventory was not sync'ed with DFM, the strings did not match and therefore DFM started to send out these messages.