cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP and Intel PRO 10/100 VE cards

rayray221
Level 1
Level 1

I am having problems with a few users connecting to a 4006 switch running 7.4(2). All the users have Intel PRO 10/100 VE cards running Windows XP and fail to recieve an IP address from my DHCP server. I set the ports with "set port host" to eliminate timins issues. I also disabled power management to the NIC card in the OS and on the card itself. The users can connect to another 4006 switch and recieve an IP. The only difference is the software version on the switch which is 6.3(9). I believe a down-grade of the CATOS to 6.3(9) would correct it but I do not wish to do so. What other options do I have? Are there any known issues with this card? Any help is most appreciated.

Ray Mileo

1 Reply 1

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Did you mean you enabled port fast on the switch ports ?? if no, you should enable portfast on all access-ports

also check on the switch cam table whether you have the PC mac address registered with the associated port.

Do you have the DHCP server on a different subnet from the host subnet ? If then you ll need a IP helper configured on the router routing between the DHCP subnet and host subnet. Dont know if the other 4006 with which DHCP is working, is on the same subnet as the server.

HTH

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus