Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP for different VLANs

nivas143
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a issue with dhcp clients communicating with DHCP server on windowds 2003.

Layer 3 switch is configured with IP helper to forward request to DHCP server on 152.153.238.0 /24 subnet users can get IP address from dhcp server when they are in particulae vlan but when a user moves from one vlan to other user is not getting IP address from dhcp server,Can anyone help me out here....

19 Replies 19

The config. looks fine and correct routing setup for both VLAN 2 & 3. And the trace route is fine too. But can you trace from VLAN 3, 10.89.74.0 to DHCP server ? It helps to isolate the problem.

Is default gateway config. in DHCP server or static route config. in DHCP server ?

Thanks.

I have heard of similar issues when using superscopes. Try breaking your superscope into seperate scopes.

Yes i am using superscope in dhcp server and all 3 scopes are under that r u saying that i have remove superscope and leave scope as it is with respective gateways configured for scope in dhcp server ??

Precisely.

Tks u r correct removing superscope every thing works fine

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: