cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP relationship to Cisco Switches

alvin-lam
Level 1
Level 1

Ever since I installed Cisco Switch (2980) my users are having DHCP issue "no domain server available to validate your password". I haved already disable spanning tree yet the problem still exsist. Does anyone have any other advice or suggestions?

Thanks,

Al

5 Replies 5

s.diyorio
Level 1
Level 1

Try the command "set port host [port or ports]" ONLY on ports connected to workstations. This will disable port channeling and trunking, and enable portfast (which basically disables spanning tree for that port). If you have multiple VLANs configured, you may need to add "ip helper-address [ip address of DHCP server]" to your router if your DHCP server is in a different subnet or VLAN.

nareshm
Level 1
Level 1

I had this same issue, does it woprk if you release and renew the adapters and then login?

gongxinping
Level 1
Level 1

Are your NT domain server on the same subnet with users' PC? If not,Try following method:

method 2:

on your router's interface that connect your 2980,Enter following configure:

int fast 0/1 ----your routers interface

ip helper x.x.x.x ------your nt domain server's IP address

method 2:

on every users' pc,add following to lmhosts file then execute command "nbtstat -R":

x.x.x.x YOURNTDOMAINSERVER NAME #PRE:DOM

ehyman
Level 1
Level 1

Configure the switch to use portfast.

rfroom
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need to configure the user ports with the "set port host / command. See the following documents for more details.

www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/12.html

www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/46.html