Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

DHCP Server Information

I have set up DHCP on one of my switches for a public wireless network at our new office. The configuration was smooth and it works like a champ. However, I can't seem to figure out how to see what is configured on the server. I've gone through all the ip dhcp and dhcp show commands and I can't find one that lists the DNS and gateway addresses.

Is there a command that will allow me to see this information? I would feel better knowing I didn't fat finger something.

Sorry to be so daffy but I just can't find it.

Everyone's tags (1)
2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

DHCP Server Information

Try "show run". If something isn't there, is not configured.

Silver

DHCP Server Information

David Hegner wrote:

I have set up DHCP on one of my switches for a public wireless network at our new office. The configuration was smooth and it works like a champ. However, I can't seem to figure out how to see what is configured on the server. I've gone through all the ip dhcp and dhcp show commands and I can't find one that lists the DNS and gateway addresses.

Is there a command that will allow me to see this information? I would feel better knowing I didn't fat finger something.

Sorry to be so daffy but I just can't find it.

Is your switch the piece of kit which is actually giving out the DHCP allocations?

If you didn't configure it to do so, then there's a pretty good bet it isn't!

From the switch console, try the following

show running-config | include ip dhcp

show running-config | include dns-server

show running-config | include default-router

If you don't get any output, then something else is allocating DHCP addresses for your network.

Cheers

Views
Helpful
Replies